Take the Bring a Friend Challenge
"Taking the Challenge" simply means that you invited and helped enroll at least one newcomer to a beginner lesson or lesson package provided by a professional instructor. The Challenge is over for 2013 but many won prizes from Challenge sponsors for helping to enroll newcomers. Some of them are listed HERE. Participants could enter more than once by introducing several different newcomers. The Contest Rules are posted elsewhere on this site.
Anyone, anywhere who took a beginner lesson during January was eligable to win a $50 gift certificate from skis.com.
Get ready for next year by reviewing these tips. There are two ways to qualify for prizes in the national Bring a Friend Challenge (on this Web site).
1) If you are a current skier or snowboarder, just introduce at least one newcomer – a friend or family member – to a beginner lesson or lesson package from a professional instructor.
2) If you are a newcomer yourself, bring another newcomer with you to take beginner lessons from a pro. It's more fun to learn with a friend or family member.
Either way, you will be considered an "Inviter". Those those who you invite/help enroll will be considered "Invitees". These terms will apply when the registration form is filled out.
Qualified participants - Inviters - could win among weekly prizes offered by Challenge sponsors. This year, sponsors included HEAD, Rossignol, Salomon/skis.com, RAMP, Swany, Boulder Gear, Firefly/skis.com, Celsius, SKI and Transworld Snowboarding. Grand Prizes included four-day trips to Sun Valley, Idaho; Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons in Utah or Smugglers' Notch in Vermont (during the 2013-14 season). Check Prizes for details.
The 2012-13 national Bring a Friend Challenge ran from December 1, 2012 - March 17, 2013. The Challenge is over for 2013.
Check back for next year's Challenge and review these qualifications:
1. Inviters must out the Bring a Friend Challenge Entry Form (a new form must be used for each new person you invite).
2. The person(s) you invite must take a beginner lesson or lesson package from a professional instructor. Lesson programs are available HERE or at a local venue of choice. Either way, a copy of a receipt, voucher or beginner lift ticket must be uploaded to verify that your friend(s) or family member(s) took the lesson(s). Special January learning programs and basic newcomer information is posted on www.skiandsnowboardmonth.org.
3. Eligibility requires a completed registration entry form and verification.
THANKS to those who took the national Bring a Friend Challenge! Spread the word in your area. Don't forget - January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. See www.skiandsnowboardmonth.org. See what's NEW on our Facebook Page and check out the winners of our "Why I Love to Ski or Ride Video Contest.